If you are just starting as a freelancer, business or affiliate marketer, then you may be required to have a Paypal account. Here's how you can create a Paypal account and withdraw money from it as a Philippine user.
Step #1: Sign up at https://www.paypal.com for FREE.
Step # 2: Make sure to sign-up for a PERSONAL account. Select “Buy with Paypal”
** Personal accounts are recommended since it's less complicated (no business documents required.) You may need to upgrade to a business account if you are receiving a large amount of money frequently.
Step # 3: Enter your information such as Name, Email address (This will be your Paypal email address) and Password.
Make sure that the name on your PayPal account matches your bank account name.
Step # 4: Verify your Paypal Account by entering your credit and debit card number. (Optional but required if you want to make withdrawals)
Verification increases the security of our payment network for sellers and buyers. Verification gives PayPal additional evidence of a member's identity and lets others know that you have completed this process. You can use your credit card, debit card, or your bank account to verify your PayPal account. When your account is verified, the withdrawal limit on your PayPal account will be lifted. Account holders become Verified when they complete our verification process.
Please keep in mind that linking your credit card or bank account has two purposes.
- To verify your Paypal account
- For withdrawals or receiving money
In the Philippines, here are our suggested options on what to link to your Paypal account
Option # 1: Your Existing Credit Card + Savings Account.
- Please note that credit cards cannot be used for withdrawals. This means that you also have to link your existing bank account or savings account so, you can get your money.
- We really do not suggest this option for security reasons.
Option # 2: BPI Prepaid Debit Card + Savings Account
- If you don't have an existing credit then you might want to consider getting a prepaid card through BPI. Click this link for more details.
- Just like the first option, prepaid debit cards cannot be used for withdrawals thus, you still need to link your existing bank account or savings account.
- This may entail additional expense to get a BPI Prepaid Card (approx Php 450)
Option # 3: GCASH Mastercard
- The GCash Mastercard is a reloadable prepaid card linked to a GCash wallet that can be used to shop at stores that accept Mastercard payment. You can also use this card to withdraw money from GCash.
- We're currently using this option since you can use this card both for verification and withdrawals.
- They also have a feature that allows you to link your Paypal account to your GCASH account and get your money real-time.
- If you still do not have a GCASH account, you may create one here and get a Php 50 bonus as a new user. Sign up here: https://gcsh.app/r/r7p8nsm
Option # 4: Unionbank EON
- The EON VISA Debit Card is UnionBank's Internet-based deposit account that you can also use for verification and withdrawals.
- You can get one from any Unionbank branches, Lazada and 7/11 stores.
- For more details about the EON card, you may visit their website.
And once you have verified your Paypal account, you're good to go!
Disclaimer: Terms and Conditions of use may be subject to change without notice. We are no way liable or responsible for any transactions that will be made using this platform.