Wednesday, September 29, 2021
Thursday, September 23, 2021
Planning to take graduate or post-graduate studies in the EU?
Let the European Higher Education Fair (EHEF) 2021 guide you to “Go Higher with the EU”.
The biggest of
its kind in the Philippines, EHEF will give Filipino students, academicians,
researchers, and university officials the opportunity to connect directly with
world-class higher education institutions from across the European Union.
The Fair will be inaugurated on 1 October at 1:30pm and streamed live at https://www.ehefphilippines.com and on the EU Delegation to the Philippines Facebook.
The registration at https://wwww.ehefphilippines.com is free and all that is required is an internet connection, an interest in pursuing further studies in the EU, and dreams to go higher in life.
“The EHEF 2021 promotes the diversity and excellence of higher education in the EU,” says EU Ambassador Luc Veron. “Useful, practical and comprehensive information about the different mobility initiatives and distinctive higher education programs will be available at your fingertips.”
The EU is one of the world’s top centers of academic excellence and a hub for cross-fertilization of ideas and cutting-edge technologies and innovation.
Outside of academia, the EU offers limitless opportunities for borderless travel to some of the world’s best, most iconic destinations and to immerse in a wide diversity of cultures.
This holistic experience is how post-grad students can “Go Higher with EU”, the motto of this year’s Fair.
EHEF 2021 will be the biggest yet, with 140 European higher education institutions offering MA and PhDs that will improve the career opportunities of talented Filipinos wishing to study in any of this year’s participating EU member states, namely, Belgium, Czech Republic, Germany, Ireland, Spain, France, Italy, Hungary, the Netherlands, Austria, Poland, Finland, and Sweden.
Participants can look forward to two days with a packed schedule of activities including webinars on specialized courses and programs, country presentations, and live chats with representatives, alumni, and scholars from participating institutions.
Regional partner institutions for this year include Wesleyan University (Luzon), Silliman University (Visayas), and Xavier University –Ateneo de Cagayan (Mindanao), which will host clustered presentations for students and other members of the academe.
University partners for this year are the following: University of Sto Tomas, University of the Cordilleras, Lyceum of the Philippines University - Batangas, Mabalacat City College, St Louis University, Rizal Technological University, Trinity University of Asia, Ateneo de Manila University, Visayas State University, Jose Rizal Memorial State University and Mindanao State University’s (Marawi) College of Public Affairs.
The Fair is supported by Campus Erasmus and the Association of Christian Schools, Colleges, and Universities. Media partners this year include Business World Spark Up, Cebu Daily News, Gadgets Magazine, Inquirer Super, Panay News, Subselfie Online, Philippine Star, Manila Times, Adulting Millennials Podcast, The Philippine Business and News (thePhilBizNews.com), and SunStar Davao.
The Virtual EHEF 2021 is organized by the Delegation of the European Union to the Philippines, together with EU Member States’ Embassies, education services, and Institutes and in collaboration with the Commission on Higher Education.
If you’re ready to Go Higher with EU, register for EHEF 2021 now at https://ehefphilippines.com/.
Wednesday, September 22, 2021
Monday, September 20, 2021
The European Higher Education Fair, one of the biggest education fairs in the country, returns on 1-2 October to again give Filipinos everywhere the EUnique opportunity to connect with dozens of institutions in the EU.
Who can join?
The Fair is open to Filipinos interested in pursuing higher education in the EU. And it doesn’t matter where you are in the Philippines. The Fair is virtual, so whether you’re in Aparri or Jolo, you can join so long as you have an internet connection. Even your Pinoy friends who are currently abroad can join. The more, the merrier, especially when you eventually get to study in the EU together.
Do I have to attend the entire 2-day virtual fair?
Learning in the EU knows no age, so there’s no limit to joining the Fair. It’s open to all Filipinos who have finished an undergraduate course, whether here or abroad, and are intending to take higher education.
What programmes are available?
Astrophysics, Biotechnology, Business, Chemical Engineering, Football management, Geography, Green energy management, History, Information Technology, International Relations, Languages, Law, Literature, Medicine, Sociology, Teaching, Tourism, Zoology, and much more.
You can also avail of study programmes with a ‘modular’ structure that allows you to build a personalised programme by choosing several different modules or units of study each year. For example, if you are studying Fashion, you might choose one module on Fashion Marketing, one module on Textile Design, and one module on Ethical Textile Production.
Wednesday, September 15, 2021
Monday, September 6, 2021
Saturday, September 4, 2021
Christmas is fast approaching! We know times are hard and this is why we'd like to share with you our little secret - Where to Find Discounted and Toys on Sale in Lazada?
For someone who tries to save money and still wants to continue with the traditions (a.k.a gift-giving), shopping early and taking advantage of the sale events is a good idea. After all, every penny counts.
Thus, if you have the funds available, go ahead and start your Christmas shopping now.
Anyway, I am going to share with you the list of toy stores where you can find discounted and sale toy items. Don't worry! Most of them are LazMall stores so authenticity is guaranteed. :)
1. Toy Town - They have been in the toy retail business for more than 30 years and they carry a wide variety of brands such as Little Tikes, Tomica, Lego, Funko Pops, etc. I believe that they are also the distributors of the major toy stores in the mall since the promotions are exactly the same as the ones they have.
Their Christmas sale will start on September 9 and toys are on sale for as low as 75-90% off.
Store Link: https://bit.ly/ShopatToytown
Friday, September 3, 2021
We are happy to share that the Manila International Book Fair is happening again ONLINE from September 30 - October 4, 2021.
Anyway, preparations are ongoing, and here's what we know so far. :)
1. SPECIAL EVENTS - There will be special events live on MIBF's official Facebook page and Youtube account all throughout the 5-day book fair. Some of the special events that you shouldn't miss are Sha Nacino's 90 Book Writing Challenge Book Launch and the Authors Got Talent happening on October 1 and 2 respectively.
2. BOOKS - Both printed and ebook formats will be available. You can shop and start adding to cart on September 30. Just go to www.manilabookfair.com. You can expect lots of promotions and discounts during the fair.
- Abiva is celebrating its 85th year anniversary and all books (mostly textbooks) will be available for Php 85 only.
- OMF Literature is on sale for as low as 80% off in selected items and all other books at 20%. (So, this might be a good time to get your copy of The Purpose Driven Life) They also have books for as low as Php 20 only.
- 20% off on ALL Adarna books which includes board books, coloring books, picture books, and young adult literature.
3. EXHIBITORS - Here's the complete list of exhibitors this year.
4. SCHEDULE - The website is available 24/7 which means that you can order anytime. The special events will run from 8AM - 8PM.
5. LOGISTICS - We know there have been challenges in the shipping of orders last year. For this year, the organizers will have better and improved logistics to address this major concern. Thus, we are looking forward to a seamless and easy buying experience.
Anyway, that's it for now. We will update this post once we have more information about the MIBF 2021. Make sure to check back from time to time. We'll share as well the complete list of exhibitors next week.