Cyberattack Scenario 4: Phishing attacks compromising sensitive data
Friday, November 26, 2021
Shopee Wraps Up 2021 and Introduces its Newest Brand Ambassadors, Dingdong and Zia Dantes, at the 12.12 Big Christmas Sale
- The best promotions: Shoppers can enjoy the best deals for all their gifting needs with deals such as free shipping with no minimum spend, ₱1 Deals, and 10% off daily.
- Big discounts: They can also get discounts up to 90% off on the biggest Shopee Mall brands:
Thursday, November 25, 2021
|Top row, from left: Celebrity Mom Rica Peralejo and Nutritionist and Dietitian Reginna Emiliene Lat, RND; |
Bottom row: Event Host and Radio DJ Mama Emma
Wednesday, November 24, 2021
Based on an SWS survey of 1200 adults across the country, 91% of Filipinos fear contracting COVID-19. Due to fear of contracting COVID-19, non-COVID-19 patients deferred preventive and routine health check-ups. Honestly, I am one of those who failed to go back and see my doctor again.
This is actually very risky since neglecting our health issues may actually worsen our condition. The good news is both COVID-19 and non-COVID-19 patients battling any of the Philippines’ top chronic non-communicable diseases can now resume regular consultations with their doctors via various means.
This issue will take focus on the upcoming Patient Summit on Friday, November 24. It is a free interactive virtual event organized through the collaboration of the Philippine Alliance of Patient Organizations (PAPO), Mercury Drug Corporation (MDC), and Boehringer Ingelheim (Philippines), Inc.
The Patient Summit aims to address the pain points patients encounter during the COVID-19 pandemic when seeking medical attention for diseases that remain deadlier than the virus, namely heart diseases, cancer, stroke, diabetes, and pneumonia.
According to a report by the Philippine Statistics Authority, in 2020 alone, 100,000 Filipinos died from heart disease, over 60,000 from cancer, almost 40,000 from diabetes, roughly around 35,000 from pneumonia, and 25,000 from hypertension.
Event attendees will get to learn the various technologies and guidelines healthcare professionals and facilities are adopting to make patients of chronic non-communicable diseases feel comfortable seeing doctors once again.
The Patient Summit will happen on November 26 at 4pm. Those who wish to attend can watch it live on the Facebook pages of Philippine Star or Mercury Drug Corporation.
It is about time that we take control and be more resourceful in taking care of ourselves. We cannot continue to postpone or neglect to address our health issues because, in reality, the virus is not yet going away soon.
Sharing with you the event page, should you be interested to attend. Just click GOING to let them know that you're joining.
This is an initiative of Kumusta Dok, an advocacy that aims to empower patients to reconnect with their doctors during the new normal and to increase awareness of the risk factors, signs, and symptoms of the top causes of mortality in the Philippines, which includes heart diseases, cancer, stroke, pneumonia, and diabetes. The program also gives tips and updates on the channels available for patients to strengthen their partnership with doctors throughout their health-seeking journey. It shares efforts being done by healthcare facilities that ensure the safety of patients and healthcare staff.
It is often considered rude or embarrassing to speak openly about money matters. Local and international articles and financial experts have discussed this “money taboo” and found the main reasons behind this dilemma.
First, people are afraid of being judged—either they are thought of as a bad provider if they admit they’re struggling financially, or they’ll be judged as "mayabang" if they talk about their financial gains.
Another reason is that they’re afraid of people asking them for money or that people’s friendship or affection will only be based on greed: how much people can get from them. These are valid fears. right?
Help your child grow up without being
hampered by the money taboo. Discuss finances as part of the family
conversation. Depending on the age of your child, you should discuss, in an
appropriate way, the family’s expenses: payments for rent, utilities, tuition,
groceries, etc. Discuss them in a way that helps your child appreciate the
value of hard work and of earning money and spending it wisely.
Then you can talk about income, salaries, allowances, and how important it is to stick to a budget and to put away savings and investments. Talk about how all these go together in making your family financially secure now and in the future. When these financial conversations happen regularly, as ordinary family talks, it does much in reducing the power of taboo over your family’s financial assessments and decisions.
One family conversation you should look forward to with your child is their first savings account. Opening your child’s own savings account is one of the first steps in teaching them financial skills. You can visit the online product page of a kiddie savings account like BDO Junior Savers and discuss what a savings account is and why a person would need one. Go through the requirements and explain to your child the steps involved in opening the account.
The next topic would be what you and your child could do to grow the savings account. Teach your child how to put away savings from his or her allowance to be deposited in the account. You could then discuss and set up a Junior Savers Plan where money can be transferred automatically into your child’s account. This can be done by enrolling your child’s account in your BDO Online Banking account and setting up scheduled ‘Send Money’ transfers from your account to your child’s account.
Saturday, November 20, 2021
If you got a Globe Broadband plan a 1-2 years ago, you probably at see a UNLI BB BUNDLE included on your monthly bill. If you have no idea what it is, it is a special promotion/ add-on from Globe that allows you to call Globe and TM numbers for free using your landline.
Most plans have this special promotion free for two years (24 months) after which you will be automatically billed Php 99 per month. I believe this is actually a good deal if you are making a lot of calls to Globe and TM however if you think that you do not really need it, then you may want to cancel this to avoid that extra Php 99 charge on your Globe internet bill.
How to cancel the Globe Broadband Unli BB Bundle?
Before the new normal, we simply have to call the customer service hotline to cancel. However since Globe's customer service hotline is not available anymore (let's say it's hard to get a hold of a live person), the best way to contact them is through their social media pages.
TIP: If you send them directly a private message, more likely you'll end up with a chatbot which is not your goal. So, it might help if you send them a message then make sure to leave a comment on their posts too and from there they might send a reply and ask you to continue the conversation via private messaging.
In my case, after weeks of trying, I have finally chatted with a live person and was advised to answer this online form.
How about you? Do you have any experience adding/ removing paid services with Globe? Ho was your experience? If you have any tips and suggestions on how to get this resolved, we would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
Wednesday, November 17, 2021
Tuesday, November 16, 2021
FILIPINO consumers have once again voted for BDO Unibank as a brand they trust, according to the results of Reader’s Digest Asia’s survey on most trusted brands.
This vote of confidence led to BDO receiving Platinum Trusted Brand Awards in the Bank and Credit Card Issuing Bank categories, and Gold Trusted Brand Awards in the Personal/Consumer Loan and Investment Fund Company categories—all for the 2nd straight year—during Reader’s Digest Philippines Trusted Brands Awards 2021.
Platinum Trusted Brand Awards are given to top-performing brands that achieve the highest score in their categories, while Gold Trusted Brand Awards are presented to brands that score substantially higher than their closest competitor.
All awardees have been voted by regular consumers from the Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, and Taiwan. Reader’s Digest Asia tapped market research company Catalyst Research to get more than 8,000 respondents to name the brands they trust the most across 50 product and service categories, and rate their trustworthiness and credibility, quality, value, understanding of customer needs, innovation, and social responsibility.
“For the brands themselves, trust matters when it comes to weathering a crisis, and ultimately, trust is built on the traditional foundations of quality, consistency, honesty, and delivering on your promises,” said Reader’s Digest Asia editor in chief Louise Waterson. “In terms of the current situation, with this pandemic, that also means getting proactive and reaching out to your customers like never before. It’s very much about maintaining a relationship with that particular individual.”
BDO has been consistently identified by Filipino consumers as a trusted brand since 2010 when it received Gold Trusted Brand Awards in the Bank and Credit Card Issuing Bank categories.
Monday, November 15, 2021
This thrilling book is the debut album of Author Morgan Douglas from Portland, Oregon.
1. Can you share with us something about the book that isn't in the blurb?
Thursday, November 11, 2021
Thursday, November 4, 2021
Shopee Launches 11.11 Big Christmas Sale, its Biggest Sale of the Year, with Unbeatable deals and Nonstop Fun
International superstar Jackie Chan also returns with a fun commercial for the 11.11 Big Christmas Sale. After his 9.9 commercial met with viral success by garnering 435 million views online, the action-packed sequel sparked excitement for all users as well. Fans can catch the commercial here: https://shp.ee/64cba9b
Martin Yu, Director at Shopee Philippines, said, “Christmas holds a special place in Filipinos’ hearts. During this season of giving, Shopee Philippines hopes to make this year’s festivities even more memorable for both our users and sellers. As the holidays approach, we aim to bring more joy to shoppers and help them save more on things they love by curating the best deals. We’ve also pioneered efforts to expand our digital ecosystem to help more consumers, businesses, and communities access and benefit from e-commerce. We invite everyone to join us in making this the biggest and most impactful 11.11.”
1. Biggest growth opportunities for businesses
The 11.11 Big Christmas Sale will act as a springboard to accelerate growth for businesses on Shopee. In 2021, more than 8 million new local shops opened on Shopee. With a growing base of shoppers and more marketing tools provided by Shopee, 11.11 will give brands and MSMEs greater visibility to maximize demand. Businesses with an offline presence can also participate in 11.11 through ShopeePay and Shopee’s digital products feature.
- Exclusive deals from leading brands on Shopee Mall: Shoppers can look forward to exclusive deals from top brands such as Xiaomi, POCO, realme, Samsung, Nokia, Vivo, DJI, PerySmith, Deerma, Coocaa Home, and Bata Philippines.
- More offline deals from brands: Brands also stand to generate more in-store traffic through promotions from ShopeePay. Users can turn to ‘Deals Near Me’ to check for special in-store deals from brands such as Puregold, National Bookstore, Fully Booked, Power Mac Center, The Generics Pharmacy, Family Mart, Lawson, Olympic Village, Shoe Salon, Potato Corner, Mary Grace, Bonchon, Papa John’s, Siomai House, and Fruitas Group of Companies.
2. Upsized variety, deals, and entertainment for the holidays
Shopee is committed to helping more shoppers access the benefits of e-commerce, especially during the busiest shopping time of the year. To encourage more people to try shopping online, Shopee introduced initiatives such as special welcome gifts and vouchers for new shoppers, with over 5 million welcome gifts across the region redeemed since the start of the year. Throughout 11.11, shoppers can look forward to an unbeatable range of more rewards and deals:
- Rewards for first-time shoppers: As they start their e-commerce journey, new and first-time Shopee users can look forward to a free welcome package, bills cashback, free shipping, 100% off vouchers, and ₱1 deals with their first purchase.
- Gift guides for easy holiday shopping: Users can enjoy a quick and easy holiday shopping experience with Shopee’s Christmas in our Carts gift guides. They can get discounts up to 90% off on a wide range of branded gifts and bundles, from the latest gadgets to luxurious personal care items. They can also check out Shopee Mall for 10% off Mall vouchers, special deals on holiday gifts, and vouchers from their favorite brands.
- Bigger deals across different categories: Shoppers can discover the best deals on everything they need at 11.11 Big Sale. Highlights include 1-for-1 Deals, Early Platform Voucher Hunt, and Mega Midnight Sale, covering the widest range of product categories. They can also look out for themed sales such as the Big Sports & Outdoors Sale on November 4, Big Fashion Sale on November 5, Big Groceries & Pet Care Sale on November 6, Big Mommy & Babies Sale on November 7, Big Shopee Mall Sale on November 8, Big Electronics Sale on November 9, and Big Vouchers Sale on November 10.
- Exclusive Shopee Mall discounts from the biggest roster of brands: At the 11.11 Midnight Mall Exclusive Sale from 12MN to 2AM, shoppers can enjoy huge price drops and exclusive bundle deals. Throughout the sale, brand sukis can also enjoy discounts up to 90% off on leading brands in the country:
- Secure and convenient shopping with ShopeePay: Users can shop with greater security and enjoy better deals when they pay with ShopeePay. They can also now enjoy a free, instant, and more convenient way to cash in from their bank apps via InstaPay. Until November 7, users can cash in via InstaPay and get up to ₱25 cashback.
The 11.11 Big Christmas Sale will also spark more joy with the big finale on November 11:
- 11.11 Big Christmas Sale TV Special: NCT 127, one of today’s hottest K-pop boy bands, will delight Filipino audiences with their chart-topping hits at the 11.11 TV show on November 11, 9:30-11:30pm on GMA 7 and Shopee Live. Filipinos can also look forward to appearances from top local celebrities such as Jessy Mendiola, Aira Bermudez, Rocco Nacino, Klea Pineda, Andre Paras, and Gil Cuerva. Lastly, viewers stand a chance to win prizes and giveaways worth over ₱12,000,000, including two new house & lots and a brand-new car.
For more information about Shopee 11.11 Big Christmas Sale, visit https://shopee.ph/m/christmas-sale.