How to Spend Your Summer with a Bang? + Giveaway
Things that come into mind when summer is mentioned are waterparks, beach, out of town trips like Boracay, Batangas, Palawan and Puerto Galera or any place where swimsuits, sunnies and sunblock is a must-have. However, last Wednesday, I was fortunate to discover a very unique and awesome experience at Stronghand Shooting Range.
Stronghand Shooting Range takes pride being known as a teaching range. Mr. Alfred M. Zaballa, Range Officer was very patient and fun while giving us tips and reminders.
As beginners, we attended the basic course, "The Proper & Practical Pistol" where we were taught:
- The 4 Rules of Gun Safety
- How to Handle a Pistol
- How to Clear a Pistol
- How to Shoot a Target
The basic course can be completed in one session. Normally, it lasts 1.5 hours with live firing. They also offer Advance Classes which covers fast target acquisition, timed shooting, twin tamps, target traverse, quick reloading and a lot more. Private sessions are also available upon request.
After the course, I was both excited and nervous to do the live shooting. We used a 9MM HS Pistol. Stronghand is an exclusive distributor of HS pistols. These are very high quality pistols which features grip safety, trigger safety, firing pin block/drop safety, loaded chamber indicators, out of battery safety and a lot more.
Stronghand Shooting Range has a toxic-free environment. Aside from using toxic-free formulation of ammo, they also have HEPA filter and turbine air exchanger.
It is also family-friendly. It provides a totally safe, comfortable and fun experience. They have a 180 degree viewing window, seminar room, large and small bays and their staff has an approachable attitude about guns and ammo. They also have a coffee shop and prices are very affordable.
Learning to shoot in the firing range should be part of your bucket list and here are a few reasons:
1. It is very accessible. Stronghand is located at La Defense Building 1660 E. Rodriguez Sr. Ave., Cubao, Quezon City.
2. There is no need to get concerned about swimsuits and beach perfect bodies. You can come in your most comfortable attire. Only ear muffs and glasses are important.
3. It can also boost your confidence.
4. It is a perfect way to de-stress and say goodbye to your worries and fears.
5. Shooting teaches us discipline and responsibility too.
Are you wondering how was my target board?
If I am to describe the whole experience in one word, it would definitely be "FULFILLING" and so, go ahead and visit Stronghand Shooting Range and have the summer you will never forget. They are open from 10:00AM - 7:00PM from Mondays to Saturdays and 10:00AM - 5:00PM on Sundays. You may also visit their website for more details or call them at (02) 721-7174.
For ladies, it is best to visit them during Wednesdays because you get 50% off on Range and Firearm Rentals.
We would also like to thank RMDC, Inc for organizing this event. For more information about RMDC, Inc., you may check their website www.wearermdc.com or visit their office at La Defense Building 1660 E. Rodriguez Sr. Ave., Cubao, Quezon City.
Lastly, I want one of our readers to have this great experience too. We are giving away three vouchers from Stronghand Shooting Range that you can share with your friends. This giveaway will run from April 27 - May 21.
The mechanics are pretty simple.
1. Like My Metro Lifestyle's FB page.
2. Like Stronghand Shooting Range FB page.
3. Share this giveaway in FB. Make sure to tag My Metro Lifestyle and Stronghand Shooting Range. Tag two friends and use hashtags #iamstronghand #showyourguns.
4. Comment in this blog post with your name, email address, FB name and link to your shared post.
5. This is open to Metro Manila residents only. Winner will be announced on May 22.
This post is brought to you by Val.