Novuhair Summer Hair Care Tips
I confess that summer is not my favorite season. No matter how much I love going to the beach, I don't enjoy being under the heat of the sun. Whenever we visit, I would rather enjoy the salty smell of the sea breeze under a beach hut and try avoiding the summer sun as much as I could.
After all, spending extended hours under the extreme summer sun can pose serious dangers to our hair and scalp. It is the same UV rays that bring damage to our skin without proper protection can equally hurt your hair and scalp.
Below are some of the problems your hair can encounter during the season:
- Split-Ends - UV rays and extremely high temperature can take their toll on your strands. The heat drains the moisture of your hair out causing breakage.
- Double Trouble – Rebonded or permed hair needs extra attention as high temperature well as humidity disrupts the cuticle breaking some of the chemical bonds that keep the hair straight or curls and roughing up the cuticle, taking away shine and smoothness.
- Scalp problem – Scalp may also get sun-burned if you don’t use cover-ups for your head.
- Grease problem – Summer sun and humidity can bring extra grease on your hair, leaving it vulnerable to damage.
- Chlorine Stress – Swimming in the pool subjects your hair to chlorine. The outer layers of the cuticle of the hair opens up when you swim and chlorinated water seeps into the center of the hair thus making your hair more brittle.
- Excessive Salt Water – Salt water can cause the same damage as chlorinated ones. Salt water dries on the hair it creates a high-saline solution which can build up and cause hair to feel dry, weighed down and hard to manage.
However for instances that we really can't avoid going out or for others who really loves the sun, salt and the sea, we don't need to worry because all these problems can be addressed by these simple hair care tips.
1. Keeping your hair clean and showered after each activity.
2. Take vitamin supplements or healthy food that are rich in Vitamin C and Biotin that benefit your hair.
3. Getting your hair pampered will also give respite to the sun and chemical abuse.
4. Use Novuhair - Nature’s answer to hair loss is composed of 19 Natural ingredients with some of the known medicinal plants such as Ginger, Pennywort and Ginseng blended with natural essences of rosemary and peppermint.
Novuhair nourishes the scalp and hair by increasing the flow of nutrients and improving blood circulation to the scalp which is very important after subjecting your hair from all your summer activities. Novuhair also helps hydrate the scalp, maintain the hair’s natural luster and prevent early hair graying, hair dryness and itching. #NovuhairSummer. Novuhair Topical Scalp Lotion, Shampoo, and Conditioner are available in all Mercury Drug Stores and other leading drug stores nationwide.