The number of new positive cases the past few days is very alarming as we now have 3,940 positive cases as of September 29, 2020, where the majority of the recent ones are now tagged as local transmission. In this case, the call for people to strictly follow the health protocols such as wearing mask properly and to avoid unnecessary travel and going out is intensified.
We also believe that even the "essential" trips can be minimized or avoided if we go for alternative options and thus, let me share with you the Mobile Applications That Every Bacolodnon Should Have this New Normal.
1. GCASH - It is a mobile wallet application that you can use to instantly pay bills, send money, shop, and buy load. You can use this to pay for BACIWA, phone, and internet service providers, credit cards, insurance, etc.
Through this app, it will save you the hassle to go to payment centers and simply take care of your bills with just a few clicks at home.
You can also use this app for bank deposits which means that you can send money to your own or other people's bank account in real-time. Most major banks such as BDO, BPI, Metrobank, RCBC, Security Bank are available. You can read more about the Instapay to Bank feature here.
If you still do not have the GCASH app, download it via this link to get Php 70 worth of freebies: https://bit.ly/DownloadGCASHApp
2. CENECO - Central Negros Electric Cooperative, Inc. launched their mobile app a couple of months ago and it has helped me checked my monthly bills. It also provides notification for scheduled maintenance and power outages.
Though the app cannot be used for payment, CENECO now accepts online payments through online bank transfers to the BDO, RCBC, and Eastwest Bank (which you can also use GCASH if you don't have an online account with these banks) You will find the app useful in checking if your payment has been posted.
To download, just go to Google Play and search for CENECO.
*Currently, this is only available for android devices
3. Paymaya - It works very similar to GCASH as a mobile wallet application however what stands out with this app is that they currently have more promotions compared to GCASH. They have a cashback program where you can get as much as 100% cashback from your purchases from their partner merchants such as Nature's Spring who delivers our drinking water. You can check their partner merchants, here.
You can also use Paymaya for government transactions such as SSS, DFA, DTI, Pag-ibig, PRC, etc.
Lastly, Paymaya comes with a virtual debit card that you can use for online transactions. Though GCASH also has one, Paymaya's virtual debit card seems to be accepted by more merchants. In our experience, Spotify, Blizzard Entertainment (World of WarCraft) and Go Daddy will accept Paymaya but not GCASH virtual cards.
You can download Paymaya via this link and use this INVITE CODE: 1zxkj8a to get a Php 50 bonus after signing-up and upgrading your account.
4. Lopues San Sebastian - We have been relying on deliveries for all grocery needs ever since the quarantine period has started. Though calling or send messages via FB, gets the task done, it is still different if you can browse through the available products (similar to walking down the grocery aisle) to compare products and check options and prices.
As a consumer, I find it easier to budget when I shop through the app since I get to see immediately the running total. It is also helpful that I can see the actual photos of the products as this decreases the possibility of errors compared to describing the products that you need over the phone.
You can read the full review of the app, here.
To download, Search for "MY SUKI" through Google Play or App store and after downloading, open the app and add the name of the vendor "LOPUE"
Though it has been a while that Grabcar has been suspended, the Grab app has been very useful to me and my family this quarantine period for 2 things.
First, we can use it to order food. For me, this is the most efficient food delivery app since I can track real-time as well as communicate with the rider via their in-app call or chat feature. We get to make 100% cashless transactions through Grabpay (which I load/ cash-in via GCASH) which includes giving a tip to the rider.
Second, they offer Grab Delivery Services at a reasonable price which means that if you need to pick-up or delivery something you can do so with just a few clicks. I find it way cheaper than paying for gas. It is not just for sellers or businesses but this service can be maximized for our own personal transactions and errands too.
The best part about this service is that the packages are insured up to 10K and are equipped with real-time tracking and proof of pick up and delivery. So, personally, I was able to use this for valuable items such as sending a laptop and cash equivalents. So far, I had no problems at all. Just make sure to declare it properly.
So, if you still don't have the Grab app, you can download it here
TIP: Once you have the app, join the Madiskarteng Boss Club and get special perks and discounts that you can use for Grab Delivery. They have different promotions every month. For the month of September, they offered a 10% discount for all transactions. In August, they offered a Php 30 discount. Anyway, you can sign-up via this link: grb.to/MadiskartengBossClub
Foodpanda is another food delivery app that you can consider. They usually offer free delivery and offer discount vouchers from time to time. It is home to many local, homegrown and small businesses. Thus, in cases that you cannot find your favorite cafe or restaurant in other food delivery apps then, there is a big chance that they're available in Foodpanda. Some of the restaurants worth checking are:
- The Purple Chef Home Bakery - They make really delicious Brazo de Mercedes, Ube Cheese Pandesal and the latest trend Korean Cream Cheese Garlic Buns
- If you are based in Talisay City, you might want to check out Muncher's Cafe for your favorite snacks, drinks, and ice cream.
Unfortunately, one of the downsides of Foodpanda is that the availability of restaurants will be based on your location/ seller's location. The restaurants are only available to customers within the 5km from the seller thus, you only get to see limited restaurants on the app.
You may download the Foodpanda app via this link and instantly get P100 off your first order.
Do you have other recommended apps? Feel free to comment below.
Thank you for dropping by!
Don't forget to follow us on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/mymetrolifestyle/