Hello avid readers and book lovers!
The Manila International Book Fair is definitely one of the most awaited events every year. I remember going crazy seeing all the books at the SMX Convention Center last year and the year before that since all the big book publishing and distributors are all in one place. Not to mention, most of the books are available at a discounted price. There were lots of irresistible deals and offers. It was also a wonderful experience to meet some of our favorite authors who graced the event and was available to sign our precious books.
However, this year is going to different. Due to the pandemic, it was impossible to have a live event. Thus, the organizers decided to have the first-ever Manila International ONLINE Book Fair. Since it's ONLINE, anyone can now join and buy their books as long as they have an internet connection. Yes, they can even cater to international orders.
Anyway, let me share 6 tips on how you can make the most out of your MIBF experience.
1. Registration is FREE - No need to pay anything to join the book fair. All you need to do is enter your name, email address, and phone number when signing-up in order to get access to the website.
2. Attend Free Events and Seminars - There are a lot of FREE webinars and talks from November 24-30. These are hosted on MIBF's Facebook Page, Youtube Channel, and Zoom. Some events even provide certificates (in case you need one for work) Other event hosts and sponsors are also giving away exciting freebies and prizes.
3. 24-hour Shopping Experience - The website is open 24 hours so you are free to browse and order at your most convenient time.
4. Get First Dibs on Newly Launched Books - There are a lot of books that will be launched during the Manila International Book Fair. Thus, this is your chance to be one of the first few book buyers.
You may order these newly launched books here.
5. Order from Multiple Sellers - There are a total of 58 exhibitors joining the event with thousands of book titles available. So feel free to add-to-cart.
6. Discounts and Promos - You can check both the Special Offers Page and Exhibitors’ Homepage for surprises and exclusive deals