Summer is not all about going to the beach, partying and getting a tan. I remember when I was a kid, I spent my summer vacations in ballet class. I believe that summer spent in productive activities is way better than just staying at home and playing. This is the best time to learn a new skill.
No idea what activities to take? Then, the Summer Art Sessions at Tuscany at McKinley Hills, Taguig is the perfect choice for you.
Starting April 19, Megaworld Lifestyle Malls in partnership with Manila Workshops will be running a weekend arts and craft workshop series happening every Sunday until May 10 from 1 - 5 in the afternoon.
What's unique about these summer activities is that the participants wouldn't be cramped in a single location with different classes going on. Instead different restaurants will become the venue for each art activity.
During the media launch, we were lucky to have the mini workshop about the different art activities.
1. Basic Brush Calligraphy Class - This is something I am really interested since I do a lot of writing and designing for my candy and dessert buffet set-ups.
|I'm learning the basic strokes in brush calligraphy. Wew!|
|Mimai is explaining that you can also have your own style in calligraphy.|
|With Brush Calligraphy, you will learn how to write like this!|
|Nelz is showing us the basics in character creation.|
|Sample Doodle - Photo Source: https://www.facebook.com/weewilldoodle|
3. Acrylic and Oil Workshop - At the end of the session, participants would be able to complete a masterpiece that they can bring home.
Here's a complete list of the art activities available.
1. Basics of Doodling with WeeWillDoodle founder Nelz Yumul at Lucky Burger Bar.
2. Basic Paper Cutting by Hey Kessy at Banapple Pies and Cheesecakes.
3. Basic Brush Calligraphy Class with Mimai Cabugnason at Marciano's
4. Rubber Stamping Class by Manila Workshops at Sophie's Mom.
5. Acrylic and Oil Workshop by The Artologist at the Sauceria.
6. DIY Tote Bag Designing Class by DIY Guru Nica Cosio at Sophie's Mom.
So, go ahead and register now by logging on to Manila Workshops at www.manilaworkshops.com or by calling 0926-6167720.
For Basic Paper Cutting Workshop by Hey Kessy, you may register by visiting www.heykessy.com.
For Acrylic and Oil Sessions by The Artologist, you may register by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0916-6167720.
Make sure that you register ASAP because there would only be 10 slots per workshop. Registration fee is Php 2,000 per session is inclusive of sumptuous dishes and treats, art kits and materials. Everything will be provided and all you need to do is just show-up.
For more information, you may also call the Megaworld Lifestyle Mall Concierge at 709-0888 or 0917-8380111 or visit www.megaworldlifestylemalls.com